2017/2018 Scholarship Applications Now Available!
Deadline: March 15, 2017
Apply via our online application
The Sigma Chi Foundation’s 2017/18 scholarship applications will be available Wednesday, November 30 with an application deadline of Wednesday, March 15. Scholarship applications will be available via the Membership Network at sigmachi.org/.
We award undergraduate and postgraduate brothers with scholarships as part of our goal to promote academic excellence and lifelong learning. The Foundation seeks to recognize brothers who show outstanding character-in-action, academic achievement, and commitment to their chapters, campuses, and communities.
- Support our brothers’ academic endeavors
- Reward hard work and character
- Motivate our brothers to reach their full potential as leaders
- Recognize and encourage excellence
- Support the studies of brothers who demonstrate financial need
The Foundation’s Donor-Scholar initiative has increased scholarship opportunities across the board, particularly at the local level as donor gifts reward brothers from a specific chapter. Along with a financial reward, these rewards extend an opportunity to establish a mentoring relationship between the donor and scholarship recipient.
The Bell Chapter Challenge provides a designated scholarship opportunity for qualified applicants from chapters which are designated as Bell Chapters.
Please visit the Foundation’s website at foundation.sigmachi.org/ for a complete overview of the scholarship program, including available Donor-Scholar awards and a list of the current 2016/17 Bell Chapters. Both lists are updated periodically throughout the year.
Separate scholarship applications are not required for donor-scholar or Bell Chapter scholarships. By completing a general undergraduate application, your application is automatically considered for applicable Bell Chapter or donor-scholar awards. Qualified applicants who are selected as recipients may only receive one Foundation scholarship per academic year.
The Foundation awarded $415,500** in scholarships for the 2016/17 academic year.
- $36,000 in Founders’ Scholarship undergraduate awards
- $140,000 in donor-scholar undergraduate awards
- $129,000 in Bell Chapter undergraduate awards
- $21,000 in general undergraduate awards
- $4,000 in Denton graduate awards
- $13,000 in Herschede graduate awards
- $1,000 Law graduate award
- $4,500 in Madson graduate awards, includes a $1,500 Joe Martin Graduate Business award
- $15,000 in Medical awards, includes a $1,000 Ravi Goel award and a $2,000 Dr. Paul Nemiroff award
- $23,000 in Military Service awards
** This number includes Cooper, Legion of Honor, International Balfour, International Sweetheart, and other Foundation scholarship awards not listed.
All scholarships are made possible through the generous donations of your Sigma Chi alumni brothers to the Foundation. For more information on our scholarships or to donate online, please visit the Foundation’s website at foundation.sigmachi.org/.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
In addition to completing the online scholarship application, the following documents are required in order to submit your application for review:
- A copy of your most recent university transcript. Note to graduate applicants: a copy of your most recent university transcript is required regardless of how long you have been out of school. New / updated transcripts may be uploaded until the March 15, 2017 deadline even after submitting your application.
- Two letters of recommendation. Suggestions for recommenders: chapter advisors, college professors and staff, high school teachers, coaches, employers, Boy Scout leaders, and ministers are all acceptable choices. Your undergraduate chapter brothers/peers, family members and friends are not acceptable choices.
- Known Issue: The file upload limit for Sigma Chi servers is 2mb. Currently, the system does not generate an error message to this effect and we are working to correct this issue.
If you have any questions regarding Sigma Chi Foundation scholarships, please contact our scholarship administrator, Heidi Holley, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org phone 847-425-4413.
© 2016 The Sigma Chi Foundation
Telephone No. 847-869-3655
A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Illinois Corporation
All Donations Tax-Deductible to the extent allowable by law.